arthritis & fibromyalgia programs
For those suffering from arthritis or fibromyalgia, Lake Forest Health & Fitness Center offers an array of water and land-based group programs. Our specially designed classes help you alleviate health issues, increase joint range of motion, build muscle strength, reduce pain and stiffness and experience a better quality of life.
Classes are taught by nationally certified instructors who take continuing education courses through the Arthritis Foundation and are held in our Warm Water Therapy Pool.
Please note: registration is required for Arthritis and Fibromyalgia classes. Classes are free for members, and $165 (one session per week), $330 (two sessions per week) or $495 (three sessions per week) for non-members.
To register, contact Amy Pierce, Group Exercise Manager, at (847) 535-7173 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Ai Chi classes are open to all members and no registration is required.
Therapeutic Yoga for Arthritis, Cancer & Osteoporosis
||11:30 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
The flowing bodywork of yoga will help alleviate health issues and promote a better quality of life by improving muscle function and managing the pain of arthritis, cancer and osteoporosis.
The participation fee is $80 for eight weeks; demo one class for free. For more information or to register, contact Anthony Simone, Wellness Manager, at (847) 535-7140 or email@example.com.
More Arthritis and Fibromyalgia Programs
- Aqua Arthritis — We host the largest Aqua Arthritis program in the state of Illinois in our Warm Water Therapy Pool. The 16-week session focuses on range of motion and reducing pain and stiffness. See our Aqua & Arthritis Classes schedule for Aqua Arthritis class times.
- Ai Chi — Held in our Warm Water Therapy Pool, Ai Chi follows a flowing progression of slow, broad movements using your arms, legs and torso. See our Aqua & Arthritis Classes schedule for Ai Chi class times.
- Fibro — Specifically designed for those suffering from fibromyalgia, this class is held in the Warm Water Therapy Pool. See our Aqua & Arthritis Classes schedule for Fibro class times.
- Open Availability in Warm Water Therapy Pool — When class or physical therapy is not taking place, the Warm Water Therapy Pool is open for water exercise at your own leisure.
Special Notes about Water Workouts
- Water shoes are recommended for aqua class.
- Don’t forget your water bottle! It is very important to stay hydrated during your workout.
- Please shower before entering the pool.
- The eastern-most lane will not be included in a class unless there are a minimum of 10 participants. When not utilized for a class, the lane will remain available to lap swimmers.
- We require promptness for all classes.
For more information, please view our Aqua & Arthritis Classes schedule, or contact Amy Pierce, Group Exercise Manager, at (847) 535-7173 or firstname.lastname@example.org.